MINDBLOWING FACTS ABOUT LEPRECHAUNS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW
- Leprechauns hide their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. We will overlook the fact this denies the basic law of physics since rainbow actually has no end or beginning, nor even a fixed spot.
- If you are very lucky enough to capture a Leprechaun, he will give you three wishes if you set him free. What would yours be? Ours would be to catch 3 more Leprechauns to get 9 more wishes :)
- The modern day depiction of a Leprechaun is that of a man clad entirely in green. However, Irish folklore describes Leprechauns as men who wore red outfits and tri-cornered hats.
- There is no record of any female Leprechauns existing. This of course means that Leprechauns defy typical laws of biology by surviving and there is no evidence which tells the story of how they breed. Some sources say that Leprechauns are actually deformed children of the fairies.
- Leprechauns are actually a protected species under EU law. Carlingford’s Sliabh Foy Loop trail is officially protected land for the 236 Leprechauns that apparently live in Ireland.
- There are stories about Leprechauns being sneaky and stealing people’s gold but they can be generous if you’re kind to them. One legend mentions a down-on-his-luck nobleman who offered a leprechaun a ride on his horse. In return, the man returned to his crumbling castle to find it filled to the ceiling with gold.
- Are you willing to try your luck and see if the Leprechaun will be generous to you?